Southwest Missouri residents are more than aware of what storm season can bring. While we can’t predict the weather, something everyone can do is to be prepared if the storms do indeed come.
By planning ahead, the hardships of destructive storms can be lessened. Keep the following items on hand and be prepared:
- Flashlight (with extra batteries) and candles (with a safe source of ignition, like matches).
- Battery-powered radio.
- Bottled water and non-perishable food items.
- Manual can opener.
- Extra medicine and baby items.
- First-aid supplies.
- Back-up heating source – NEVER use a charcoal grill to cook or heat inside any home or structure.
- Fire extinguisher and smoke detector.